Hello, book lovers! 💕
A couple weeks ago, Dini from dinipandareads nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! If you haven’t checked out her blog, then I definitely recommend doing so because she writes some great reviews and other posts. Thanks for nominating me Dini! I’m glad to be finally getting around to writing this post.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Describe your current read in five words.
I’m currently reading The House in the Cerulean Sea by R.J. Klune. I’d describe it as heartwarming, magical, captivating, whimsical, and delightful.
What is your go-to comfort genre?
I’d have to say either contemporary or realistic fiction, whether it’s YA or Adult. It’s always been the genre that I’ve gravitated towards, even as a teenager. I find that not only are those types of books easy to read, but I can also relate to most of the characters that I read in them.
What’s your favourite song of the moment?
This is a tough one because my music taste changes so often. Currently, I’ve been listening to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, which is getting me into the Halloween spirit. Other than that, I’d probably have to say Snuff by Slipknot right now.
What are top three favourite reads of 2020 so far?
Another tough one. But if I had to pick three, then they’d most likely be the following (not in any order):
- Call it What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
All of these books I’ve given 5 stars, and there weren’t many that I gave that high of a rating. I also remember loving them when I finished reading them.
Is there one book that you would do anything to get a special signed edition of?
That’d probably be any of Elizabeth Acevedo’s books or Francesca Zappia’s books. Specifically, Eliza and Her Monsters or The Poet X.
What book really disappointed you this year?
I’d have to say Maybe This Time by Kasie West. I had like a majority of her books in the past, but this one just fell flat for me.
What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I don’t usually eat that much while I read, but when I do, I try to have something that I can pick on, like chips or cereal or something like that.
Because 2020 has been… 2020, what’s one thing that you really miss doing and want to do again as soon as it’s possible?
I miss going to the library. I know that, at least by me, it’s open by appointment. But I miss being able to go to the library whenever I wanted to either browse the shelves, read in a quiet corner, or do some writing. It gave me a reason to get out of the house, so I could have a change in scenery.
Is there a (sub)genre that is an absolute no-no for you?
I’m not a big fan of horror of any kind whether it’s in books or movies. I don’t understand why people would willing read or watch something that’ll scare them. I don’t find that enjoyable at all.
If you could visit one fictional world, where would you go?
My go-to answer for this will always be Hogwarts. I’d love to be able to explore the castle and the corridors.
Which five characters would you spend a day in Disneyland with?
Oof, another tough one because there’d be so many interesting characters to hang out with.
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series)
- Xiomara Batista (The Poet X)
- Linus or any of the six children (The House in the Cerulean Sea)
- Luffy (One Piece manga series)
- Simon (Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda)
[ readingbythemoonlight | JustReadingJess | Abby @ Beyond the Read | Becca | Emily @frappesandfiction | Emer @alittlehazebookblog | Dani | My Heart is Booked | J (Midnight Book Blog) | Joanna @ TheGeekishBrunette | Tessa | fictionfixerreads ]
- What are you currently reading?
- List 3 fun facts about yourself.
- What is your LEAST favorite book character?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- How long have you been reviewing books/blogging in general?
- What got you into reading?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- What else do you do in your free time?
- What is a blog post you’re most proud of?
- What is your favorite mythical creature?
- What are your top five favorite authors?
Again, thank you Dini from dinipandareads for nominating me. I had a lot of fun answering these questions!
For more reviews and discussions, follow my blog!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Goodreads!