Hello, book lovers! 💕
I know that it’s not quite fall yet, but I figured I’d plan out some books that I want to read during this cozy season. I’m not sure about any of you guys, but I’m a mood reader. And during the fall, I’m usually in the mood to read fantasy books, especially ones with a lot of atmosphere and magic. Basically anything that feels magical and whimsical while I’m reading but also takes place in another world other than our own. Something that I can curl up with under a warm blanket while drinking some sort of hot beverage.
Also, being that Halloween is in this season, I want to read some spooky books. Nothing too scary; I’m not really into horror novels. But anything that’s creepy and spooky is fine. I just want to feel like I’m in the Halloween spirit. I tend to do that in October; I’ll watch or read anything that is kind of spooky or creepy. I especially like watching Hocus Pocus or The Nightmare Before Christmas or Coraline. Those tend to be my go-to’s, but there are so many good Halloween movies.
I’m not going to go into too much detail about each book, but I’ll do something similar to my Summer Reading Plans where I list the books I plan on reading. But let’s get onto the books!
There are so many books that I want to read during the fall now since I started compiling this list. There’s probably more books than I’ll end up getting to, but I’ll at least have a wide variety to choose from.
- Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
- Death Note Black Edition vol 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
- The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The Vanishing Star by Maureen Johnson
- Aurora Rising by Aimee Kaufman
- The Shadow of Kyoshi by F.C. Yee
- Avatar the Last Airbender comics
Those were all the books that would be considered fantasy or Halloween themed. The next group of books I have on this list are more in the contemporary genre, but they’re not necessarily light and fluffy reads. They’re more dark and have some really serious undertones, which is something else that I enjoy reading during the fall months.
- Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
- The Last to Let Go by Amber Smith
- Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett (it’s not that dark or serious, as far as I know, but it comes out in November, and I really want to read it).
- To Drink Coffee with a Ghost by Amanda Lovelace
Like I mentioned, this list is probably overly ambitious for the next three months. But these are the books that I hope to read in the fall. I can’t wait to curl up in a blanket to read some of these books! It’s seriously one of my favorite things about fall. I love the cooler weather and the sweaters and boots and changing leaves.
Have you read any of these books? Do you plan on reading any of them? Do you like to read certain books during certain seasons like I do? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to discuss them!
For more reviews and discussions, follow my blog!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on Goodreads!